About Me

My Photo
Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I've been making things all my life in some way.....its all I know and all I want to do. You are welcome to follow me on any of the following links...Website, Pinterest, Etsy, Flickr, Tumblr, and Facebook.

Saturday, 19 February 2011

Moss.........

Sorry for the bad quality of these images they are just to illustrate a point.
I know that having a terrarium is a bit of a trend and that its all been done before but I wanted to do one.
I wanted a a moss one so a few weeks ago I made one.
Granted its hardly groundbreaking or incredibly beautiful but I love it.
I gathered tiny mosses and tiny plants from different walks and put them together in a large goldfish bowl and job done.
I spray mist it every now and then-easy.I know that there are lots of dos and don'ts,charcoal and all that which I haven't done.
I love that its a tiny world and tiny tiny tiny plants suddenly become a miniature forest and a pebble a huge boulder.I peek in this miniature world to see tiny changes.If you've never made one just try it,get a jar and get searching for tiny plants. Mine doesn't have a lid,it does but I don't have it on as it gets a bit sweaty and I quite like it off.Anyway just wanted to urge you to try and make one and have a tiny world to peek at.








3 comments:

  1. This is really sweet... What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Victoria.
    I bought some tiny model cows to put in it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a real thing about moss ... I'm always picking it up off the pavement when there's been a storm ... sometimes I find little pieces in my pockets ...

    ReplyDelete