Enagraved Beetles...................and a dead bird................

Have been making some new beetles this week and they are dry to day so I added the engraved wing case that are made from vintage spoon bowls.
Each one has a little quote or saying....

 The stars tidied away the moon...






.

Firefly and stitch your memories close so I may tangle myself within you...








 What was said to the rose to make it open was said here in my chest.






Also I finished a little dead bird made from scraps of fabric,paper,wire and plastic.










all in my etsy shop..................now!












Comments

  1. Wow! Really excellent pieces!! The beetle bodies look like colored potatoes... I could see them called 'potato beetles' :))) very interesting and innovative to add the etched spoons...such unique qualities to your works... Poor little dead bird...it does have a whimsical feel about it though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Your bird makes me cry...
    The spoons looks great. Maybe you will consider cutting them in the middle to make a look of wings? By the way, you may enjoy this one: catversushuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your kind words,its so nice of you and really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor little bird, being a cat owner I see this a little too often. Your's make me smile though, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your stuff...the bird is so sad, sweet and
    fragile looking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts