About Me

My photo
Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
I've been making things all my life in some way.....its all I know and all I want to do. You are welcome to follow me on any of the following links...Website, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Facebook.

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Organised.....

I got this amazing sewing box recently I think its from the 50's judging by its design. Its in the best condition and opens out really wide and I don't know how Ive lived without it!
I feel like a proper granny know!
Its in amazing shabby chic condition and is on wheels which is so handy.
I love it!!








































Here's a peak at some unfinished Dodo's they need legs and staining as they are a bit bright at the moment.

















Ive been working on a pattern that is pretty much life size for the Dodo's so when I get chance Ill be making a big daddy one! Cant wait!

Ive been sorting through scraps and having a bit of a clear out and I found the first pug that I made from the first pattern. The body wasnt finished and turned out wrong and I was about to throw away the head when I thought I could do something with it. So a couple of new eyes some hot glue an old canldestick base and a hat made from scraps and I have a new pincushion.
I think its nice to make yourself something every now and then as everything I make is for others.






















His name is Mister Fig and I'm already very fond of him.
Think I will make some more of these.

2 comments:

  1. fab sewing box!

    lovin mr fig ... and those dodos are great! I've spent the last two days getting organised ... now ... must ... sew !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Mr. Fig. Well done.

    ReplyDelete